Investing in start-up and early stage businesses can be very attractive for the business angel in terms of realising a financial return on investment (though please note that there is no guarantee). Other attractions of investing include personal satisfaction of helping a business to grow and building one’s knowledge and experience.
In making a decision to invest, the business angel needs to consider what they want from an investment and how much time they can devote to the various activities involved with investing.
For more information, read the guide prepared by the UKBAA.
Click here to download the HBA Application Form and here to download the Membership Terms and Conditions. Please note that one of the conditions of membership is the payment of an annual fee of £300, which covers the following costs:
- catering and hosting of our company presentation events
- an annual dinner, to which all members are invited
- website maintenance
- marketing materials
- legal charges (eg intellectual property, contracts and advice)
- finance (eg compiling and reporting of accounts for HBA Ltd)
- administration of the investment platform and entrepreneur applications
Ready to join?
To apply to join HBA as an investor download and complete the application form and return to Jurek Sikorski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be reviewed in confidence and you will receive a reply to inform you of the outcome.
Apply to join