Why Become an Angel Investor?
First and foremost, business angels are genuinely interested in helping start-ups and early-stage companies to grow. Naturally, they are also seeking a return on their investment, both financial and time. Investments made through Henley Business Angels can qualify for tax relief, which is very generous under the SEIS and EIS schemes.
Business angel investors usually stay with a company over several years and through several fundraising rounds before exiting. Henley Business Angels facilitates the opportunity for angel investors to invest in companies that have been selected to present to the network, but also provides the avenue for introductions of an investor’s existing investments to the network for subsequent funding rounds, investment criteria permitting.
Becoming a Henley Business Angels member offers several benefits, including:
- Access to high-quality and carefully selected investment opportunities from entrepreneurs with a link to the University of Reading and Henley Business School (including those in the Henley Start-Up Business Incubator)
- Quarterly pitch presentation events and regular networking opportunities
- Joining a supportive and friendly sophisticated investor network
- Access to both current students from, and alumni of the University of Reading and Henley Business School through schemes such as the Reading Internship Scheme and Capstone Projects
- Invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year
- An exclusive year’s free membership with UKBAA
- Support throughout the investment process, including an exclusive discount to the UKBAA’s Angel Investor e-learning course
- Detailed summaries of investments
- Support through our established strong links with professional services providers, such as accountants, solicitors, and banks
- Help to select an appropriate professional to assist investors with the funding process and business development issues
- Access to our exceptional contacts within the research and higher education institutions that we can connect you with where specialist technical advice is sought