Website Terms of Acceptable Use
The definitions in Annex 1 shall apply and have effect in relation to the words and expressions used in these Terms.
These are the Terms of Acceptable Use for Users of Henley Business Angels Limited (the Network) using the Website.
The use of the Website means that the User accepts and agrees to abide by these Terms. Users must read these terms carefully before starting to use the Website.
Other Applicable Terms
Users agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the content standards set out below
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
Users also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of the Website;
- Any network on which the Website is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- The Online Platform
The Website may include features that allow Members and Entrepreneurs to upload content or make contact with other users. The Network does not have any obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any content uploaded or posted on to the Website and assumes no responsibility to do so. However, the Network reserves the right to remove any posting made by a Member or Entrepreneur if, in its reasonable opinion, the post does not comply with these Terms.
These content standards apply to any and all material which a User contributes to the Website and to any online services associated with it.
Users must comply with the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts)
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person (which includes any individual or any organisation)
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote or contain sexually explicit material
- Promote violence
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote any illegal activity
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from the Network or the University of Reading (or any of its subsidiaries), if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
Uploading Content to the Website
The User acknowledges that any content uploaded by a User will be considered non-confidential.
The views expressed by other Users do not necessarily represent the views or values of the Network or the University of Reading.
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided or maintained by third parties, including the Online Platform, these links are provided for information only. Neither the Network nor the University of Reading have any control over the contents of those sites or resources and shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise as a result of the User’s use of them.
Changes to these Terms
The Network reserves the right to revise or amend these Terms at any time. Members and Entrepreneurs are expected to check this page from time to take to take note of any changes made.
Annex 1 – Definitions
Entrepreneur(s): means University and Henley Business School students, alumni and entrepreneurs from the Thames Valley who put forward business plans and pitches via Henley Business Angels Limited in order to seek investment from Members.
Online Platform: means the platform hosted by JustInvesting Limited on which Entrepreneurs may post their business plans and pitches.
Member(s): any person who has paid the subscription fee and entered into the Membership Terms and Conditions.
Network: means the Henley Business Angels network of Members operated by Henley Business Angels Limited (Company number 10065023), a company limited by guarantee whose registered office is at University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO BOX 217, Reading, RG6 6AH.
Terms: means these Website Terms of Acceptable Use, including any other terms incorporated by reference.
User(s): means an Entrepreneur, a Member or any other person using the Website.
Website: means the website operated by the Network.